Saturday, April 6, 2013

Food Adventures~ Mamasita

Today sets another day to go food tasting again. The place we went to this time was......


Level 1, 11 Collins Street, Melbourne

A friend had their birthday a few months ago but we didn't have a chance to visit this place since it was so packed by the time we arrived there. Now trying once again, we waited outside before the restaurant even opened. By then, it was already packed and a line was already forming outside. We managed to get seats but shortly after that the place was completely filled with customers. Before entering you'll have to walk some steps before you reach the actual place. A great welcoming feeling was there when we were seated and giving the menu. 

Food is a little pricey but the taste is amazing

The setting of the place was spacious, but seats were limited





 We ordered: Elotes callejeros (v)“Street Style” chargrilled corn, queso, chipotle mayo & lime"

This I say is........THE BEST CORN I HAVE EVER TASTED. 

 Followed by some Tostaditas. 
We picked:  De Pollo (Chargrilled chicken, avocado, chipotle mayo & queso fresco) and de Carnitas (Slow braised pork shoulder, encurtidos, pickled jalapeño & chicharron) 

Overall, service is ok. After paying about $40 for these, being full afterwards not quite, we went on another adventure for more food though I must say, the presentation of the food was well done. I'd recommend the corn though :D


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio