Monday, May 21, 2012

Japanese Festival, Boxhill

Arrived at Flinders street to catch up with a friend so that we could go the Japanese Festival in Boxhill. It's been a year since I last went there and I could say it hasn't really changed much at Boxhill besides the fact that some stores have either opened or closed down. Many people asked for photos but sadly i'm not the photogenic type of person so it was a *insert poker face smile. Bumped into some people I knew and it was great, the more the merrier :) There were many things to do there: yoyo tsuri, many stalls with a $5 entry fee, food stalls. Ate okonomiyaki, takoyaki even though i'm not supposed to eat it, allergies D; and had 3 flavours of taiyaki: Chocolate, custard and red bean and yeh, didn't have to wait for nearly 3 hours compared to the Docklands Japanese Festival I last went to, it was so good. We pretty much walked around. Stayed there until the closing ceremony and then a group of us headed towards Timeout to play for a bit. *sniff didn't get time to shop at the shopping centre. By then it was already getting dark so we took the train home, changed at Richmond, back to my hometown LOL, well a stop before. Overall met some new friends even though they were friends of friends haha.

Though it was going to be all, wrong. On my way back caught up wi
th a friend since I felt bad for msging them a few hours before hand and not realising I had a missed call. Called back and we caught up. Just arrived at the station and so did they, opened the car door and I think i gave him a little shock lol. *opens door quickly. Enjoying the nice car ride and along the way he gave me a wintermelon juice , at first I was resistant to drink it because i'd never tried it before but hey, it tasted quite nice, it was like a nutty taste to it? and zooooom, had no idea where he was taking me to eat dinner lol, <3 surprises haha. Destination was the Glen. Hopped out of the car in my poofy dress and it was so cold, I was freezing and felt out of place. Got a lot of stares from people, unwanted stares not like the stares I received at the festival or city 。゚(゚ノД`゚)。 but luckily friend was there to say that everything would be okay *relieves face. He asked where to eat but i'm not really a picky person so we ate at Shine Cafe, bar and lounge . Ate a dinner plate sized pizza: sicilian clan- Hot salami, fetta chese, olives, mushroom and monzerella cheese. It sounded like a funny combination but it was really tasty, should've taken a photo of it. Overall it was great day, Special thanks to Kymmie, Steven, Matt and Tim 。◕‿◕。







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio